Friday, April 1, 2011

Toilet Seats and Donuts- TX food part IV

This post won't be as creepy as the title suggests! While in TX we went to Round Rock Donuts, the home of the head sized donut! If your head is as big as one of these donuts, you must be Goliath... so we decided they are bigger than a normal head and would compare better with a toilet seat. Now having got that out of my system...


They are the weirdest color! They are orange-ish and kind of crusty, but all of those bits that fall off of the donut are worth scraping up off of the picnic table you're sitting at in their parking lot! They're just that good... Now you be the judge! Toilet seat or what?


Inside the bakery, it looks like nothing more than a counter, a place to stand, and a pop machine. I was kind of leery of the food since there wasn't even a place to sit! The line of cars in the drive thru should have tipped me off! We did have to sit in that line the 2nd time we went there because the inside part was closed. I think we waited close to 20 minutes! Well worth it for sure!


We sat outside and shared glasses of ice water to wash down our donuts with, truly enjoying the warm Texas sun! The donuts were still warm which made them soooo soft! Krispy Kreme has nothing on these guys! I tried a chocolate one as well and they were just as good, just not warm out of the fryer. Delish.


The picture that is above I "borrowed" from their website which is linked above... now that I'm looking at their menu I see something called a fried cinnamon roll. Now that sounds like a delicacy. I need to try that one. How about mailing me one, Julie?

2 comments:

O said...

I know - the orange color was very off-putting to me at first! The crispy edges got me, though ; )

If you think one will actually make it past the mailman, think again!

Cherilyn said...

Dang! I was hoping!