Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chuy's- TX Food III

On man, what a busy week! I got home on Sunday evening at about 6:00 pm and turned right around to go to work the next day. That was a super fun and rewarding day though, we unpacked our entire school... mostly before lunch! It was incredible. On that note, I'm loving my new digs. That'll have to be another post because we are here again... for Texas food. I already miss it a ton. On Tuesday all of us went to a homeschool co-op group with our hosts called Classical Conversations. I learned some things there that I've already implemented in my own classroom! More on that later as well. One of the best meals that I had came right after school got over on that day... from Chuy's Restaurant. Oh, where do I start? Do I start with the tortilla chips and salsa? YES! They included something called creamy jalapeno sauce with the chips to dip them in. Oh. My. Word. SOOOOO GOOOOOOD! It was white and looked like ranch dressing, but so much better! It had a little bit of a bite to it and just the right amount of seasoning. Perfection. I liked it so much I put it on my Chuychanga as well! At this Chuy's place they had a ton of sauces that you could choose from. With my main dish, the Chuychanga, I chose deluxe tomatillo sauce. I was LEERY of this sauce because of a tomatillo mishap that I had a few years ago. When I worked at Main St. Market in college I was trying to figure out what this tiny green tomato with a husk on it was... it was in the produce dept and looked like a tomato, but it was sticky once you took off the husk! Trying to figure out why so many customers bought this item of produce, I decided to take a bite. BIG MISTAKE! They are so bitter.... I spit it out and vowed never to eat one again. Until March 22, 2011 when it was suggested that I get it with my Chuychanga (thank you, Julie!)... I loved it! No clue what was in it, but it was divine. Now onto my Chuychanga. It was like a regular chimichanga but had a kick... cilantro! I can't stand cilantro, but again.... delish! Or maybe it was good because I doused it in the tomatillo and jalapeno sauces! I washed all of this down with not one, not two, but three glasses of water. It was just that good. The atmosphere was pretty cool as well. There were bold colors on the wall, a ceiling full of hubcaps, and an interesting 3D beer mural on the wall... The tables were tiled and mismatched, which was perfect. I felt like I should have a margarita in one hand and a beach out the front door like a resort town in Mexico. Way cool.

1 comments:

O said...

Chuy's truly touches the soul, doesn't it??!!