Sunday, February 6, 2011

Family Time

Last weekend was spent in Portland with my mom and sister. I forgot how hilarious my sister and I have the capability to be! We had a blast and spent wayyy too much money in IKEA. This is why we don't go to Portland very often... too much available shopping!
We met the entire family, with the exception of 2 of my mom's brothers and their families. They were missed. There were at least 32 people at the Mexican restaurant that we invaded, and it was pretty fun! I see these folks about once a year, so this was a special treat. It sounds like they are going to try to get together once a month from now on, which will be awesome for them. We definitely can't be there that often, but will try sometimes.
I enjoyed telling my family that I am going to the Philippines in June! Many people in that room were raised there, so it is extra special for our family that the tradition of ministry will continue in that country through the grandchildren. I am blessed to be a part of that! My aunts want to come as well, so we may be planning another trip next year. That will be TBA. Let me leave you with some photo-ops of the dinner. I didn't take as many pics as my Uncle, but I got a few!

0 comments: