Friday, June 10, 2011

Solar System Reports

I heard this story today after a mini-prank was played on me at school. You see, it was "payback the principal" week at SES and a fart machine magically appeared for use. Today our school counselor got on the intercom (which the neighbors can hear, mind you) and said, "This is for Cherilyn Spencer...." followed by the loudest fart machine fart EVER. I laughed. Yep, I'm like an 8 year old. That brought on this story by a fellow teacher....


Her class was learning about the solar system. They learned "Uranus" and all had a good laugh about it. She then talked about how mature students don't laugh at that word, and from then on... they didn't! (pretty impressive!) UNTIL...

One girl was up giving her report and said, "You can fit 18 moons in Uranus..." and the kids sat there WITHOUT laughing. The teacher cracked a smile, but this is CLASSIC!

(I would have been laying on the floor busting a GUT!)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a bit behind on my blog-reading. This gave me a much-needed chuckle tonight. :)